I'm back from the Pastor's conference on "Commending Christ"... wow! You can hear or watch the sessions here
Not sure what high-level points I should put down at this point except to say that as per our Sovereign God and His perfect design, the subject matter of this conference spoke to where my heart and thoughts have been lately. I've been considering with earnestness lately what the Gospel is and I was so encouraged to be in the midst of (I heard the number) 1500 men all gathered to be encouraged to be faithful in the delivery of the Gospel.
Mark Dever in the first session makes abundantly clear what the Gospel is about... he does this in order that we have a common understanding of this word (gospel) that seems to have so many meanings/understandings now-a-days it is rendered meaningless to the hearers. Demonstrated is the necessity of detailing what we mean when we say common evangelical words... it is most clear that they are not.
No comments:
Post a Comment